Sunday, March 11, 2012

Keawtip wins Miss World 2012



Keawtip wins Miss World 2012

Kamolwan Punyasuth

          Japan- Miss Thailand, Keawtip Preaw, the 23-year-old English major student, was announced as the winner of Miss World 2012 at the Grand Japanese Convention Hall last night.
          Crying in the beautiful blue dress at the final round, Keawtip said that she was very surprised and excited because crowning Miss World 2012 was beyond her expectations.
          “Words can’t describe my feeling now. Actually, I have never thought that I would be crowned because here we have a lot of candidates from over the world and they all are perfectly beautiful and smart” Keawtip said
          She smiled and added “I would like to say thank you to my beloved family, my dear friends, and all supporters. But more importantly this sparkling crown on my head doesn’t belong to me; it belongs to my country and all Thais.”
          Apart from winning the title Miss World Thailand, Keawtip was also awarded best national dress and miss popular vote from Miss World website viewers.
          Jenny Hattan, one of Miss World board of judges, said that Keawtip was the only one who suited Miss World.
          “Her answer about the violence in children is very interesting. I am so impressed with her opinions and way to get rid of the violence in children.” Jenny said.
          She also added that she believed that this woman can surely help children who are in need from over the world from her kind and beautiful heart.
          However, the second place was awarded to Miss Japan, Ozawa Maria and the third place was awarded to Miss Scotland, Helena Way.
          After won the award from the competition at Japan, Keawtip is now on the way back to Thailand. She is going to start out her first time responsibilities by campaigning not to use violence with children at Thailand, her homeland.
         
         
         

         
         

No comments:

Post a Comment