Sunday, March 4, 2012

School student banned from lizard haircut



School student banned from lizard haircut
Jim who is banned from doing lizard cut
Kamolwan Punyasuth
Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Bangkok: A 7-year-old school student from Wat Trirong International School, Jim Saewang, was banned to study after he had his lizard haircut on 26 February.

"I know that my haircut is weird, but I promised that I didn't mean to do this cut" Jim said on the telephone interview with Bangkok News on Monday.

He insisted “It was a mistake I told the barber that I need a ‘Wizard’ design on my head, but he did hear that I want a ‘lizard’" 

" I was banned to study for one semester and I have to wait until my hair is long enough to get a new cut, then I can go to study again. I really miss my classmates and teachers" He, crying, added

Jim's class teacher, Mr. Jonathan Freedman, explained to us that after a student's lizard fell from the roof into the director shirt two years ago,  since that day anything about lizard are prohibited to be seen in this school.

"I know that we should not make this little thing become bigger, but we could not do anything. It is beyond our ability to help Jim coming back to study again" said the class teacher.

He added "Jim is a good and smart student. I don't think he doesn't know what the director hates. It must be a mistake.The sounds between 'wizard' and ' lizard' are so close and similar, it's possible that the barber could hear him wrongly and I used to explain this to the the director"

Many teachers and students in the Wat Trirong School are now on the protest about Jim issue. They will stop teaching and studying for 1 week in order to make the director reconsider about Jim’s punishment again.

“I strongly disagree for what the director did. It’s unfair to student who doesn’t intend to get this haircut.” said Anchalee, Jim’s mathematics teacher.

She added “I sympathize with him, and I will try my best to best to help Jim get back to study in next week”

However, there has been a report that Mrs. Leehana Saewang, Jim’s mother, was called to talk about her son haircut privately with the director but there hasn’t been any update yet.















No comments:

Post a Comment